Michael’s father encouraged his eager younger son into entrepreneurship early in life. Born and raised in New Jersey, Michael routinely established contracts with his dad beginning in the sixth grade. By the age of 16, Mike was well on his way with his own motorcycle accessory shop! Mike later worked with General Motors after graduating with a BS degree in Accounting and a concentration in computer science. The young man then entered public accounting and obtained his CPA certificate with a local firm in New Jersey, providing him the basis for a working knowledge in public accounting. In 1988, a Ventura, California-based construction company invited Mike to service their accounting needs, leading to his eventual relocation to California in 1990.
Shortly after arriving in Ventura County, Mike established an accounting firm in Channel Islands Harbor. As the practice grew, Mike continued to serve clients in both New Jersey and California. In 1999, with the passing of his father, Mike returned to New Jersey for a period of time, leaving his practice with a local Ventura firm. Irresistibly drawn to sunny Southern California, Mike happily accepted a position as CFO of a software company, then located on the 20th floor of the Oxnard Tower, in the height of the “Dot Com Era” and discovered a new passion for website programming while assisting Intel with the build of a section of their website. The software company successfully spun off several of its segments, just prior to the high-tech industry’s crash. Always maintaining his roots in accounting, Mike continued to service larger clients on project-by-project need, which were referred by long-term attorney relationships Mike developed. Most of the companies were multi-national requiring a forensic accounting approach to their State-side operations, using management transitions.
Concurrent to his project based accounting assignments, Mike then sought to indulge his passion for motorcycles through developing what grew to become the most popular motorcycle-related site on the Web, Sportbikes.com. As web-based enterprise took hold of the Net, Mike's business continued to grow and take shape, reaching its peak in 2006 with the unveiling of an on-line magazine designed by Mike and his small development team. In 2007, Sportbikes.com earned the honor of the prestigious 2007 Community Site of the Year award from Ektron, Inc. and the business was successfully merged with the on-line publisher, Vertical Scope. The website and Michael's understanding of early Social Networking became a reference and case-study for a white-paper "Customer 2.0" by the Aberdeen Group.
Camarillo CPA Firm
The firm of DiSabatino, CPA; located in Camarillo, was established in 2005, and continues to expand. As a boutique CPA firm, the clients enjoy a one-on-one experience with Michael. Services range from personal tax preparation for individuals through financial consulting and planning for distressed businesses, sometimes taking on the role of a part-time chief financial officer (CFO), Mike serves as a respected advisor and financial partner to his clients. Please explore this website for additional information on the firm and the services we provide.
We Do Books™
We Do Books™ was founded on the principles that small businesses need the same high-end accounting and tax work that larger businesses have at their disposal, but at a reasonable rates. Reaching back to Mike's father's businesses, he realized that entrepreneurship is not an easy go... you need a good team, so We Do Books™ was formed! Bring a financial and tax team to the small business. CFO-Lite accounting work, tax planning, bill paying, cashflow management... all, at an easy to afford monthly fixed-fee. We Do Books™ works with individuals with tax preparation, tax-planning and estate work through small businesses providing all the necessary accounting and tax work that will free the entrepreneur to concentrate on doing their business!
- New York University School of Photography: Uncompleted studies in Photography
- William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ: B.S. Degree in Accounting, with concentration in Computer Science - Completed the four-year studies in 3 years.
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA: Michael is continuing his education, and is currently engulfed in Financial Management courses.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA): CA - Inactive; PA & NJ inactive
- Licensed Real Estate Broker: California License - Active
- Accreditation: Accreditation Council for Accountancy - Alexandria, VA (1992)
- Certified Tax Professional (CTP): American Institute of Tax Studies, 1994-1997
- Registered Representative: NASD Series 7 Securities Broker, Relinquished 11/93
- Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent: NJ, Relinquished 1993
- Countermeasures in Industrial Espionage: New York University - Certificate Course
- Press Photographer: California recognized press photographer 2003-Present
- NRA Instructor - Pistol - Range Safety Officer
- USCCA Instructor - Pistol - Range Safety Officer - Emergency 1st Aid - Women's Handgun - Countering the Mass Shooter